Constituent service: arrest and mace for asking questions

Constituent Service

by digby

I don't recall that Tea Partiers were arrested at the health care townhalls in 2009, but maybe they were. We know for a fact that they were disruptive --- and that they were instructed to be so.

It definitely happened in Florida yesterday when liberal talk radio host Nicole Sandler confronted her congressman, war criminal Alan "liberal women are neutering American men" West at his townhall:

It figures, my blog is the last place you’ll read about my arrest and subsequent incarceration after attending Allen West’s so-called Town Hall Meeting last night.

Since I spent last night in jail and, thanks to the sickeningly awful people at the Broward County Jail was subjected to three hours in solitary confinement in a 7×10 room, and then maced. Nice, huh?

Anyway, I’ll have more on how it all unfolded on the show tomorrow, and then in a lengthier written piece after I get some rest, food and a shower.

But I do want to clear something up. The video that’s floating around portraying me as a heckler doesn’t show the Medicare question that Mr. West was asked, the way he answered it, and my FOLLOW-UP question.

So, here’s how it actually happened:




Being arrested for speaking your mind at a political event is not unprecedented. I would guess that it's happened to a few of you. (It's not common to maced while in custody --- but I can't say I'm surprised that it happened to a female liberal talk show host. That's just how the authoritarians roll.)

Alan West is the worst of the worst, a sick piece of work who tortured Iraqis and narrowly escaped a court martial. He's also, apparently, a coward.

.