That thing where a right wing immigrant wants to send a black American "back to Africa"

That thing where a right wing immigrant wants to send a black American "back to Africa"

by digby

Meet Ted Cruz's daddy:


I guess no matter how much I observe the right wing I will never fully hear the dog-whistles. All my life I heard the phrase "send 'em back to Africa." But it took me until today to see how the "Kenyan" obsession is a direct echo of that ancient American racist war cry.

Here's a song about it:


Here are some fine Americans talking about it:




*Yes, I know about Lincoln, Liberia and all the rest. But just google the phrase to see who the people are who really like to use it.


Update: Apologizing in advance to Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Martin Bashir for being so rude as to bring this up. My bad.

.